|Home » Categories » Multiple Categories|
What are the steps to publish my ASP.NET project to the server?
Article Number: 299 | Rating: 5/5 from 4 votes | Last Updated: Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 1:08 PM
The followings are the guidelines to publish your project properly to our server
1. Please open your project with Visual Studio tool
2. On the Solution Explorer windows (which is normally located on the top right hand corner of the VS tool), right click your project and select Publish
3. Please kindly publish it to a local folder, such as C:\Project
4. Please just upload whatever files/folders you see on C:\Project to our server via FTP and your site will work fine
If you are using Visual Studio 2015 or later version, the publishing step may look a bit different.
1. Please open your website project with Visual Studio 2015. They may have been a pre-set .NET version such as .NET 4.6.1 on your project.
2. Then, please go to the Solution Explorer, Right Click the project and select "Publish Web App" website. Please select "FTP" as the deployment method. The following details must be entered:
Server: ftp://www.yourDomain.com --> This will work if and only if your domain has been pointed to our nameserver
Site Path: httpdocs -> this assumes you will publish your project to the root site of your domain
Passive Mode: tick
Destination URL: http://www.YourDomain.com
3. Please hit Publish
There are no attachments for this article.
What is my WebMail address?
Viewed 1564 times since Mon, Apr 30, 2012
How do I set up SMTP authentication in Mozilla Thunderbird V.1?
Viewed 1565 times since Mon, Apr 30, 2012
Can you help me to change or transfer my Domains Name Servers?
Viewed 1794 times since Mon, Apr 30, 2012
What is my original default page?
Viewed 6721 times since Mon, Apr 30, 2012
How to Publish Your Web Application
Viewed 2024 times since Mon, Aug 18, 2014
I receive this error message: "Connection Times Out" when trying to FTP my files to your server. What should I do?
Viewed 1068 times since Mon, Apr 30, 2012
What is my temporary URL Address?
Viewed 4021 times since Tue, May 1, 2012
Can I sign up for a web hosting account without a domain name?
Viewed 1640 times since Mon, Apr 30, 2012
How do I configure an email account in Outlook Express?
Viewed 1886 times since Mon, Apr 30, 2012
How can I edit my local HOSTS file?
Viewed 10091 times since Tue, May 1, 2012