|Home » Categories » Multiple Categories|
What are the steps to publish my ASP.NET project to the server?
Article Number: 299 | Rating: 5/5 from 4 votes | Last Updated: Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 1:08 PM
The followings are the guidelines to publish your project properly to our server
1. Please open your project with Visual Studio tool
2. On the Solution Explorer windows (which is normally located on the top right hand corner of the VS tool), right click your project and select Publish
3. Please kindly publish it to a local folder, such as C:\Project
4. Please just upload whatever files/folders you see on C:\Project to our server via FTP and your site will work fine
If you are using Visual Studio 2015 or later version, the publishing step may look a bit different.
1. Please open your website project with Visual Studio 2015. They may have been a pre-set .NET version such as .NET 4.6.1 on your project.
2. Then, please go to the Solution Explorer, Right Click the project and select "Publish Web App" website. Please select "FTP" as the deployment method. The following details must be entered:
Server: ftp://www.yourDomain.com --> This will work if and only if your domain has been pointed to our nameserver
Site Path: httpdocs -> this assumes you will publish your project to the root site of your domain
Passive Mode: tick
Destination URL: http://www.YourDomain.com
3. Please hit Publish
There are no attachments for this article.
How do I set up SMTP authentication in Mozilla Thunderbird V.1?
Viewed 1604 times since Mon, Apr 30, 2012
How can I publish my website to your server?
Viewed 4520 times since Mon, Apr 30, 2012
My ISP is blocking SMTP port 25. What should I do?
Viewed 3247 times since Mon, Apr 30, 2012
Can you help me to change or transfer my Domains Name Servers?
Viewed 1830 times since Mon, Apr 30, 2012
I would like to create a new website, what should I do?
Viewed 1982 times since Mon, Apr 30, 2012
How to Publish Your Web Application
Viewed 2081 times since Mon, Aug 18, 2014
How long does it take to get my domain name working on your server?
Viewed 3293 times since Fri, Apr 27, 2012
How can I find out my current Domain Registrar?
Viewed 2626 times since Mon, Apr 30, 2012
Is there any downtime when switching my website to your server?
Viewed 1380 times since Mon, Apr 30, 2012
How can I set my own default page on my Control Panel?
Viewed 3544 times since Sun, May 27, 2012