|Home » Categories » Multiple Categories|
What are the steps to publish my ASP.NET project to the server?
Article Number: 299 | Rating: 5/5 from 4 votes | Last Updated: Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 1:08 PM
The followings are the guidelines to publish your project properly to our server
1. Please open your project with Visual Studio tool
2. On the Solution Explorer windows (which is normally located on the top right hand corner of the VS tool), right click your project and select Publish
3. Please kindly publish it to a local folder, such as C:\Project
4. Please just upload whatever files/folders you see on C:\Project to our server via FTP and your site will work fine
If you are using Visual Studio 2015 or later version, the publishing step may look a bit different.
1. Please open your website project with Visual Studio 2015. They may have been a pre-set .NET version such as .NET 4.6.1 on your project.
2. Then, please go to the Solution Explorer, Right Click the project and select "Publish Web App" website. Please select "FTP" as the deployment method. The following details must be entered:
Server: ftp://www.yourDomain.com --> This will work if and only if your domain has been pointed to our nameserver
Site Path: httpdocs -> this assumes you will publish your project to the root site of your domain
Passive Mode: tick
Destination URL: http://www.YourDomain.com
3. Please hit Publish
There are no attachments for this article.
How do I set up SMTP authentication in Mozilla Thunderbird V.1?
Viewed 1546 times since Mon, Apr 30, 2012
What is my FTP detail?
Viewed 1530 times since Mon, Apr 30, 2012
Do I need a static IP?
Viewed 2164 times since Mon, May 7, 2012
How do I set up SMTP authentication in Outlook Express?
Viewed 1411 times since Mon, Apr 30, 2012
I have setup SMTP Authentication on my MS Outlook, but I still cannot send an email
Viewed 2002 times since Mon, Apr 30, 2012
I receive this error message: "425 can’t open data connection" when trying to FTP to my folder.
Viewed 1136 times since Wed, May 2, 2012
I receive this error message: "Connection Times Out" when trying to FTP my files to your server. What should I do?
Viewed 1050 times since Mon, Apr 30, 2012
What is my temporary URL Address?
Viewed 3901 times since Tue, May 1, 2012
How can I edit my local HOSTS file?
Viewed 9605 times since Tue, May 1, 2012
How can I change my FTP password on my Control Panel?
Viewed 1797 times since Wed, May 2, 2012