What are the steps to publish my ASP.NET project to the server?
The followings are the guidelines to publish your project properly to our server
1. Please open your project with Visual Studio tool
2. On the Solution Explorer windows (which is normally located on the top right hand corner of the VS tool), right click your project and select Publish
3. Please kindly publish it to a local folder, such as C:\Project
4. Please just upload whatever files/folders you see on C:\Project to our server via FTP and your site will work fine
If you are using Visual Studio 2015 or later version, the publishing step may look a bit different.
1. Please open your website project with Visual Studio 2015. They may have been a pre-set .NET version such as .NET 4.6.1 on your project.
2. Then, please go to the Solution Explorer, Right Click the project and select "Publish Web App
" website. Please select "FTP" as the deployment method. The following details must be entered:
Server: ftp://www.yourDomain.com --> This will work if and only if your domain has been pointed to our nameserver
Site Path: httpdocs -> this assumes you will publish your project to the root site of your domain
Passive Mode: tick
Destination URL: http://www.YourDomain.com
3. Please hit Publish
Article ID: 299
Created On: Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 2:39 AM
Last Updated On: Wed, Feb 17, 2016 at 1:08 PM
Authored by: ASPHostServer Administrator [[email protected]]
Online URL: http://faq.asphosthelpdesk.com/article.php?id=299