How do I set up SMTP authentication in Mozilla Thunderbird V.1?
Follow the steps below to configure Thunderbird to use SMTP Authentication.
1. From the top menu, click on "Tools," select "Account Settings," this will bring up the "Account Settings" Dialogue box
2. Select "Outgoing Server (SMTP)"
3. Click "Advanced," this will bring up the "Advanced Outgoing Server (SMTP) Settings" Dialogue box
4. Select the SMTP server you want to configure, click "Edit," this will bring up the "SMTP Server" Dialogue box
5. Check "Use name and password"
6. Enter your full email address in the "User name" field
7. Click "OK" and close all Dialogue boxes
The first time you retrieve email, you will be prompted for the password. You can choose to let Thunderbird remember your password
Article ID: 27
Created On: Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 10:44 PM
Last Updated On: Tue, May 1, 2012 at 1:07 AM
Authored by: ASPHostServer Administrator [email@example.com]
Online URL: http://faq.asphosthelpdesk.com/article.php?id=27