Is there any downtime when switching my website to your server?
The following are the information that you need to know prior and after registering an account with us:
1. Please make sure that you do NOT terminate the service with your previous hosting company
2. Please kindly proceed to our secure registration form and complete the entire registration steps.
3. Once the registration is completed, you will receive one confirmation email instantly. This does not mean that your account is already active as your details need to be verified by our Account Department first. The account verification and activation may take 1 hour to a maximum of 8 hours.
4. If there is no problem with your details, your account will be activated and you will receive an "Activation Email”, which contains all the information about your account and instructions to setup your website on our server.
5. The activation email also contains the information about your "temporary URL”, in which you can use it to test your website on our server
6. Please upload all your files to our server and you can use the temporary URL straight away.
7. If everything is working fine, you may contact your domain name registrar and request them to point your domain name to our nameserver. Our nameserver information can be found on the activation email as well.
8. Please wait for the next 24 hours until the domain DNS resolves properly and then, you may contact your previous host to terminate your service.
9. Done. Great job! Your website is up and running on our server.
If you follow the above guidelines properly, we GUARANTEE that there will be NO downtime during switching the host
Article ID: 12
Created On: Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 1:41 AM
Last Updated On: Tue, May 1, 2012 at 1:10 AM
Authored by: ASPHostServer Administrator [firstname.lastname@example.org]
Online URL: http://faq.asphosthelpdesk.com/article.php?id=12