| Let's say you host a website called http://www.yourDomain.com and one day, you realize that your website is inaccessible. Please do not panic and please kindly check few things on your end:
1. Please open your Command Prompt window and please try to PING www.yourDomain.com. Did you see any IP Address?
- If you do not see any IP address, this means that your domain may have expired or your hosting account has been suspended. Please contact us via our Help Desk System
- If you see an IP address, you need to verify the IP address and please make sure it matches with the shared/dedicated IP Address that we assigned to your site during the activation of your hosting account. You can find information about your shared/dedicated IP address via the activation email that we sent you at the beginning of your hosting service. If the IP does not match, you need to check the WhoIs information about your domain and please make sure your domain is pointed to our nameserver. Once this is done, you need to wait for 12-24 hours for DNS relegation (this is not something we can speed up as it depends on how fast the registrar executes your request)
2. Please identify any error message that you see on your site. What sort of error message you see there?
- Sometimes, it is important to check your local Internet Connection. If your site is inaccessible, please try to access other site (e.g. http://www.google.com, etc) from your local PC. Is the other site accessible? If the other site is accessible, it means that your local Internet connection is OK. Otherwise, you have to contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to solve the Internet issue
- If you see an error message on your website, it is important to identify whether it is your website's coding/programming issue or the issue on our server. If this is a coding/programming issue, you need to contact your site developer to identify the issue with your code. We, unfortunately, cannot help you to troubleshoot the issue on your code. We can only provide guidance/advise to troubleshoot your issue only. If you believe that the issue is from our server, please contact us via ourHelp Desk System