|Home » Categories » Multiple Categories|
How do I purchase and install a new SSL on your system?
Article Number: 60 | Rating: 5/5 from 7 votes | Last Updated: Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 9:23 AM
There are some pre-requisites for the a SSL installation on our server:
1. You need to make sure you determine the name of your SSL. Please always bear in mind that in SSL, https://www.yourDomain.com is different with https://yourDomain.com. If you want your SSL to be installed at https://www.yourDomain.com, then the name of your SSL is www.yourDomain.com, NOT "yourDomain.com”. Likewise, if you want your SSL to be installed at https://secure.yourDomain.com, then the name of your SSL is "secure.yourDomain.com”. It is IMPORTANT to get this right as once your SSL is issued, it cannot be exchanged anymore!
2. You need at least one static IP. This static IP is important so that we can generate a CSR (Certificate Signing Request) for you. This CSR is a private key that you need later in generating a public key that is contained within your .CER or .CRT file. If your current hosting plan does not support static IP, you need to contact our Support via Help Desk System to arrange for a static IP installation.
3. You need to inform us the details of your SSL and this includes:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Organization Name:
- Organization Type:
- State: --> must in long name, not "CA”, but "California”
- Common Name: --> the most important question, please see point 1 above.
The SSL Installation Steps:
1. Please kindly create a new account at our "Domain and SSL Registration Portal” at http://service.asphosthelpdesk.com. If you have not created an account here, please create a new one.
2. Please kindly go to the "Digital Certificate” section and please enter the name of your SSL and complete the payment.
3. Please create a ticket via our Help Desk System to our Support Team and please kindly inform all the details as mentioned on point 3 above.
4. Our Support will issue a CSR file for you and you need to use this CSR on the "Domain and SSL Registration Portal” at http://service.asphosthelpdesk.com. Please go to the "Digital Certificate” section -> click on your SSL name and select "Enroll Certificate”. You then need to copy all the information inside this CSR and paste it to the text box provided.
5. An authorization email will be sent to the domain owner’s email account. Please note that only the domain owner can approve this SSL. In case you do not receive this email, you need to check with your domain registrar and please find out the email that is listed on their system. If you believe that you do not use the email account that is listed with your domain registrar anymore, please kindly contact them to have it changed.
6. Once the authorization email is approved, the SSL will be issued within the next 24-48 hours. Please kindly contact our Support and please inform them about the content of the .CER or .CRT that you received.
7. Your SSL will be installed and you can view the secure connection directly. The indication of the secure connection is a small "lock sign” that normally appears on your browser and it will be shown every time you enter https:// protocol.
If there is any problem with the CSR, you just have to contact our Support to have your SSL reissued (FREE of charge).
There are no attachments for this article.
Do you support Shared SSL?
Viewed 1248 times since Mon, May 7, 2012
If I have my own SSL Certificate, how do I get it installed on your system?
Viewed 2144 times since Tue, May 1, 2012